Thank you firstly for visiting our site. Every day we get numerous requests for information about our region/country/city. See our Frequently Asked Questions. Some people are doing research, others a school project, while others are trying to locate someone they have lost contact with. There are also businesses that want to make contact with people in similar businesses or industries, or want access to people to initiate trade. There are people wanting contact information for government officials, or organizations or businesses in our area. Some people just want to know more about our region/country/city or want specific information. Some people are trying to trace past news articles, or want to interest us in writing a news article, or they want to issue a press release.
Unfortunately as we are an online news service, not a newspaper, we have limited resources and staff. Much of our news is aggregated from other sources so we do not have the capacity to assist with your enquiries. We do not have a research team, nor do we have resources generally, nor in fact the knowledge you may be seeking without having to delegate someone to research and obtain the information for you.
We can only suggest you use search facilities on the Web generally to track down the information you need.
In the past we have tried to find information for our readers but the situation with our readership having increased substantially in recent years it is now an impossible task. To handle your enquiries efficiently and professionally we would need to engage staff dedicated to that purpose, and unfortunately this is just not possible commercially.
1) We are an online news service and as such have not been around for long. We are not a newspaper and as such we do not at this time have a news archive service. We can only suggest you contact one of the major newspapers or research possible sources for the article at your local library.
2) Every day we get numerous requests for information about our region/country/city. Unfortunately as we are an online news service, not a newspaper, we have limited resources and staff. Much of our news is aggregated from other sources so we do not have the capacity to assist with your enquiries. We do not have a research team, nor do we have resources generally, nor in fact the knowledge you may be seeking without having to delegate someone to research and obtain the information for you, and unfortunately this is just not possible.
3) This is a request made repeatedly, however we do not have the resources or staff to be able to track down people. There are Web sites that exist that attempt to put people together that have lost contact with each other. You are perhaps better served by tracking one of these down by searching the search engines.
4) Whilst we appreciate receiving messages of support we are not in a position to publish them. We are an online news service and are limited to the publication of news.
5) We do not have the resources or staff to track down or research business opportunities. We can only suggest you contact personnel in your industry or a relevant government trade department to pursue your enquiries.
6) We get numerous requests to produce articles about everything from fund-raising events to claims or concerns about mistreatment. We are a news service and whilst readers may see potential in a story they have experience with we do not have a raft of journalists dedicated to writing or researching articles. Whilst we do originate news stories we are essentially a news aggregator utilizing feeds from major news agencies. Sorry we can't help.
7) You can send a press release by simply posting it on the Contact form on our Web site. You must ensure though that it is relevant to our area, is news worthy, and is written in a journalistically professional way. We cannot guarantee any release will be published. It will however be reviewed and may or may not be used. Please note we are an online news service, we are not a newspaper so any story published will only appear online.
8) We receive numerous requests of this nature to assist in school projects, research and so on. Unfortunately we do not have the staff or the resources to undertake research on behalf of readers. We are also not in a position where we can comment on events or personalities in our area. We can only suggest you conduct your research through the search engines.
9) Unfortunately we are not able to help. We do not have the resources or the staff to assist readers with school projects or other research. We can only suggest you research your project through the major search engines.
10) We are not a newspaper, we are an online news service, and we are not accepting advertising at this time. We can only suggest you contact the major newspapers in the area by searching for them in the major search engines. We also have links to a number of these publications on our Web site under News Links on the front page.
11) We cannot help with subscriptions. We do not publish a newspaper, we are an online news service. If you already have a subscription with a particular newspaper, or wish to arrange for one, you need to contact that newspaper direct. We suggest you search the major search engines to track down the newspaper you are looking for. We have links to a number of these on our Web site under News Links. We also offer a daily email service where you can receive headlines in your inbox each day. Sign up for this at the bottom of the main page. The service is complimentary.
12) Unfortunately we cannot assist with employment opportunities. We are an online news service, and essentially aggregate news from other sources. Although we do originate a number of stories we have sufficient staff on hand through our network for this purpose. You may be better off contacting newspapers which tend to have opportunities for staff. We have links to a number of these on our Web site under News Links, or you can track down their sites through the search engines.