Indulge in a surprising and delicious pasta dish from Nerano that will leave you wanting more. This popular pasta recipe, suitable for both adults and children, combines zucchini cream, grated Parmesan cheese, and Provola del Monaco to create a mouthwatering dish. Best enjoyed during the spring-summer period, this traditional Campania dish is most well-known in the Sorrento Peninsula area, specifically in the fraction called Nerano.
Adding a Twist to Tradition
While the recipe is typically “Made in the South,” it can also be customized to include additional ingredients, particularly seafood. Many renowned chefs, including those with Michelin stars, choose to combine fish with vegetables to create unique and flavorful dishes. Today, we will explore the combination of zucchini, cheese, and seafood. You can opt for clams and mussels, only clams, or only mussels. In this recipe, we will be using mussels.
Pasta from Nerano with Mussels
Let's dive into the simple steps and few ingredients required to make this delectable pasta from Nerano with seafood:
- 400 g spaghetti
- 700 g zucchini
- 200 g Provolone del Monaco
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg of mussels
1. Begin by cooking the zucchini. Thoroughly wash the zucchini, trim the ends, and cut them into thin slices. Heat a generous amount of oil in a pan and fry the zucchini until golden. Place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti.
3. In another pan, add olive oil and garlic. Then, add the prepared zucchini. Separately, clean the mussels by washing them thoroughly and removing internal filaments and cleaning the shells. Cook the mussels until they open up.
4. Remove the shells from the mussels and set aside the meat. Add the meat to the pan with the zucchini. Remove the garlic from the pan.
5. Drain the cooked pasta and add it directly to the pan with the condiment. Grate Parmesan cheese and Provolone del Monaco over the pasta. To create the creamy texture typical of Nerano pasta, add a little pasta cooking water. Optionally, sprinkle with parsley and add a touch of pepper according to taste.
Enjoy your freshly prepared Nerano pasta with mussels, a delightful combination of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
My name is John and I am part of the thesydneynews.net team. With my passion for cooking, I bring my expertise in creating simple and quick recipes for both beginners and advanced chefs. One time, while writing an article, I accidentally added a tablespoon of salt instead of sugar in a recipe. It was a funny mishap, but it taught me to always double-check my measurements!