Looking for a delicious and satisfying dish to try? Why not give rice-stuffed tomatoes a go? This recipe takes a unique twist by using fragrant basmati rice, making it even more delightful and satiating. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and nutritious meal that is perfect for those following a low-fat diet. So, let's dive into the recipe and discover how to make these mouthwatering rice tomatoes!
- 5 tomatoes
- 200 g basmati rice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil
1. Begin by washing the tomatoes thoroughly and drying them carefully. Once they are clean, use a spoon to hollow them out, removing the pulp. Keep the top part of the tomatoes aside as it will serve as a lid.
2. Place the tomato pulp in a bowl and mash it well. Then, add the basmati rice to the mashed tomato pulp. To enhance the flavor, include some chopped basil, minced garlic, salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Stir all the ingredients together until well mixed. Allow the mixture to marinate for at least half an hour, or ideally, an hour for the flavors to blend together.
4. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Take the hollowed tomatoes and place them on the tray. Fill each tomato with the rice mixture that you prepared earlier. Place the lid on top of each tomato.
5. Bake the tomatoes in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the tomatoes are tender. Once they are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
6. Serve the rice-stuffed tomatoes on a beautiful tray, garnished with fresh basil leaves to add fragrance and color to the dish. Don't hesitate to impress your guests with this flavorful and satisfying meal.
Enjoy your meal, everyone!
Hi, I'm Emily, a passionate food lover and recipe expert at thesydneynews.net. With years of experience in the kitchen, I have curated a collection of simple and quick recipes tailored for both beginners and advanced cooks. Oh, and let me share a little fun anecdote about our team's writing process – we often have friendly debates over the perfect ratios of spices, which always results in mouthwatering dishes that satisfy even the most discerning taste buds.